The Centre for Feminist Research/ Le centre de recherches féministes promotes feminist activities and collaborative research at York University and works to establish research linkages between York scholars and local, national, international and transnational communities. Feminist research is conceived of in broad terms, as being concerned with issues of women, gender, class, ‘race’, sexuality, ability and feminism.
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Radical Black Political Thought in the 20th and 21st Centuries Public Forum, October 19, Department of Social Justice Education at OISE.
- Women, Men, and Plants in 19th-Century Canada: New Resources, New Perspectives workshop, October 19-20, Archives of Ontario.
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Against Islamophobia Panel Discussion, October 23, 280N York Lanes.
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Life on the line: Women Strike at Eaton’s 1984-85, October 27, Fred Thury Studio Theatre
- CFR and YCAR Present: Book launch of Dr. Vanaja Dhruvarajan’s Crossing the Laxman Rekha: One Woman 's Struggles Against Gender, Racial, and Ethnic Bias, November 8, DB 0010
- Interdisciplinary Trans Studies Graduate Student Conference TRANS MATTERS: Call for Committee Members (applications due Friday, October 27, 2017)
- Interdisciplinary Trans Studies Graduate Student Conference TRANS MATTERS: Call for Papers (applications due November 10, 2017)
- CFR 2016-17 Mary McEwan Memorial Award (applications due November 20, 2017)
Challenging Trafficking in Canada: Policy Brief (2017), edited by Dr. Kamala Kempadoo and Nicole McFadyen (coordinators), Phillip Pilon, Andrea Sterling and Alex Mackenzie.