The Centre for Feminist Research/ Le centre de recherches féministes promotes feminist activities and collaborative research at York University and works to establish research linkages between York scholars and local, national, international and transnational communities. Feminist research is conceived of in broad terms, as being concerned with issues of women, gender, class, ‘race’, sexuality, ability and feminism.
- CFR Co-Sponsored: "The Problem with Work?: Strategies for De-commodifying Everyday Life" School of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies 20th Anniversary event - POSTPONED UNTIL THE FALL
- CFR Co-Sponsored: REDress Project at YorkU on Glendon and Keele Campuses, March 5-8, 2018
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Community Screening of Variety Survival Talkshow 버라이어티 생존토크쇼 & Conversations with the Director JO Se-young and Korean feminist activist-scholars, March 10, 2018
- CFR Presents: “Escape” Film Screening and Q&A with Director Agnieszka Piotrowska - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- CFR Presents: Trans Matters: Interdisciplinary Trans Studies Graduate Conference, April 26-27, 2018
Challenging Trafficking in Canada: Policy Brief (2017), edited by Dr. Kamala Kempadoo and Nicole McFadyen (coordinators), Phillip Pilon, Andrea Sterling and Alex Mackenzie.
The 2016-17 CFR Annual Newsletter is now available.
The timeline of York University Women's Studies History, inception - 2011, created by Dr. Rusty Shteir with Nataly Kim and Tasia Alexopoulos.