The Centre for Feminist Research/ Le centre de recherches féministes promotes feminist activities and collaborative research at York University and works to establish research linkages between York scholars and local, national, international and transnational communities. Feminist research is conceived of in broad terms, as being concerned with issues of women, gender, class, ‘race’, sexuality, ability and feminism.
- CANCELLED: CFR and YCAR Present: Book launch of Dr. Vanaja Dhruvarajan’s Crossing the Laxman Rekha: One Woman 's Struggles Against Gender, Racial, and Ethnic Bias, November 8, DB 0010
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Moving Images: Visual Storytelling and Transnational Filipino Family Reunification, November 13, 280N York Lanes
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Alula for Posterity: Autobiography of Translation, November 14, A301 York Hall, Glendon College
- CFR Co-Sponsored: Indo-Caribbean Feminist Thought. Genealogies, Theories, Enactments, November 15, 280N York Lanes
- CFR and CRS Present: Challenging Trafficking in Canada Policy Brief Launch, November 21, 519 Kaneff Tower
- Interdisciplinary Trans Studies Graduate Student Conference TRANS MATTERS: Call for Papers EXTENDED DEADLINE (applications due November 24, 2017)
- CFR 2016-17 Mary McEwan Memorial Award (applications due November 20, 2017)
Challenging Trafficking in Canada: Policy Brief (2017), edited by Dr. Kamala Kempadoo and Nicole McFadyen (coordinators), Phillip Pilon, Andrea Sterling and Alex Mackenzie.