Job Description: The candidate will provide support to Centre for Feminist Research communications, knowledge mobilization and outreach strategies, including newsletter and social media, and support to the organization of CFR events. Please review our website and Facebook pages here: http://cfr.info.yorku.ca/ and https://www.facebook.com/YorkCentreForFeministResearch .
Tasks will include: (1) compiling a biweekly newsletter of internal and external feminist events and conferences, calls for proposals, and job opportunities; (2) outreach and event dissemination via internal networks within the Centre and York University, as well as to external networks, through social media and the Centre website and Facebook page; (3) logistical support to CFR events; and (4) development of the 2017-18 CFR Annual Newsletter.
The student will have an opportunity to meet and engage with feminist faculty, community activists, and other students. The work will be done under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Centre for Feminist Research.
Job application process:
1) Please make sure you are eligible for a Work/Study position by filling out the Student Financial Profile for SU2018 at the following link: http://sfs.yorku.ca/aid/sfp/
* Please note that only full-time undergraduate students are eligible for Work/Study. For more information about the program, please click the following link: https://sfs.yorku.ca/employment/workstudy
2) Please submit your completed application via the Career Centre website: http://careers.yorku.ca/online-system/ Job ID #109768
3) The application deadline is May 22, 2018.
4) Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Background in Gender, Feminist & Women’s Studies preferred.
3rd or 4th year undergraduate student preferred.
Experience with word and data management (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel) necessary.
Experience with website management (WordPress), as well as familiarity with social media and fast typing skills necessary.
Experience with event organization preferred.
Some experience with graphic design preferred (Canva.com).
Related Field(s): Administrative Support, Advertising, Arts and Media, Communications, Graphic Design, Special Events, Writing and Reporting
Duration: Summer 2018
Approximate Hours Per Week: 5-7
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Wage: 16
Salary Level: Entry level
Preferred Years of Experience: 1
Preferred Education Level: 4th yr Undergraduate