Named in honour of Dr. Mary McEwan, a feminist psychologist, this annual award of $100.00 will be awarded to one PhD dissertation produced per year at York University in the area of feminist scholarship. An Awards Committee of faculty affiliated with the Centre will choose the winners.
PAST AWARD RECIPIENTS:
For a list of past recipients of the award, please see the following link:
CURRENT AWARD COMPETITION:
For details about the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 award competition, please see the following link:
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
- Must be a graduate student who has successfully defended a dissertation during the 2014-15 or 2015-16 academic years.
- The nominee's dissertation must concern feminist theory and/or gender issues.
- The examining committee for the dissertation must unanimously recommend it for an award.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATION
Each nomination must include:
- A copy of the dissertation and no more than a one-page statement from the nominee about the contribution the dissertation makes to feminist scholarship.
- A letter of recommendation from the student's Supervisor commenting on the nominee's dissertation or thesis.
- A statement from the Graduate Program Director noting that the nominee's dissertation was recommended as one that should be considered for a prize.